Auction Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION
By registering to bid or placing a bid, you agree to be bound by all of these terms & conditions and any other announced terms and conditions of sale or rules of the site. All internet bidders agree that bids placed on the internet shall have the same legal effect as if they were in attendance at the auction in person. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AND NO RETURNS!!!
1. All persons attending the exhibition, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risks of damage to person or property and specifically release and indemnify Red's Antique Galleries, Del and Carole Hurd, Rocky Mountain Estate Brokers Inc. (RMEB), whitleyauction.com & David P. Whitley from any liability.
2. Bidder agrees that all property is sold "AS-IS WHERE-IS" with no warranties express or implied and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection. The photos cannot show all potential damage so it is best to inspect in person. Bidders who fail to personally inspect the items waive all right to object to an item based on its condition. No sales will be voided due to a buyer's failure to inspect in person. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. RMEB may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall RMEB be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. RMEB does not guarantee any appraisals, gradings or certifications. If you have any questions about the merchandise, ASK THEM BEFORE BIDDING. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. It is Bidder's responsibility to determine if any item is legal where they live. There are no refunds for any reason. RMEB will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that he or she may not return any item they purchase for any reason accept an intentional and material misrepresentation of the item itself made by RMEB. Bidder's sole remedy in the event of an intentional and material misrepresentation of an item shall be to return the item, at their expense and in the same condition it was shipped to them. If RMEB agrees that the item was materially and intentionally misrepresented RMEB will refund the Bidder's purchase price to him/her. Bidder agrees that under no circumstances whatsoever will RMEB ever be liable to any bidder for an amount greater than the purchase price of the item they purchased. BIDS CANNOT BE REMOVED ONCE THEY ARE PLACED. MAKE CERTAIN WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON BEFORE YOU BID.
3. RMEB reserves the right to charge the Bidder's credit card the full amount of any or all of Bidder's bids at any time. This is an Internet Only Auction, sales are not final until the results are certified by RMEB and you receive an invoice via email. Everything MUST be paid for in full by 4:00 PM Sunday December 1, 2013 or additional fees will be charged. All Bidders agree to pay a buyer's premium equal to Eighteen and One Half Percent (18.5%) of the hammer price of each item they purchase. If the hammer price of an item is $100.00, the buyer's premium will be $18.50 for a total purchase price of $118.50. Under state law, sales tax will be collected on the entire amount. There is a 3.5% discount for cash payments THE DAY AFTER THE AUCTION ONLY.
4. If you plan to register a titled vehicle in an area that requires an emission or other test, emissions or other tests are not guaranteed and it is sold AS-IS unless stated otherwise in the item description. All titled vehicles are sold AS-IS TOW AWAY in regards to emissions tests. Emission tests are not provided unless it is stated in the item description. If an emission test is provided, it is only valid in the area for which it was issued. It is the buyer's sole responsibility to determine if a titled vehicle is legal and able to be registered where buyer lives. If a vehicle is sold without a title it is sold for parts only. No title will ever be available or provided.
5. If firearms are sold, all Federal and Colorado laws and regulations will be followed. Some firearms may not be legal in Bidder's jurisdiction. It is the bidder's sole obligation to determine if a firearm they purchase is legal where they live. There is a commission charge of 25% charged to resell any firearm(s) that has to be returned due to a buyer's local law. In the event that a buyer is unable to take legal delivery of any firearm(s) he or she will return the firearm(s) to RMEB and hereby engages RMEB to resell the firearm(s) at absolute auction with a commission charge of 25%.
6. RMEB is providing internet only bidding as a convenience to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against RMEB or anyone else if the internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction. RMEB will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should bid two hours prior to the auction closing time.
7. The bids will be advanced in set increments. RMEB may withdraw any item before or during the auction. Should a tie or a dispute arise between two bidders, the auctioneer may, at his or her discretion, reopen the bidding, in any manner, until the property is sold. RMEB reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog the property in this auction, to extend the closing times or cancel the auction at its own discretion in the event of technological or any other problems. Even though the web site may show the property as closed or sold, sales are not completed and the property is not sold until RMEB certifies the results and emails you an invoice. The record of the auction made by RMEB shall be conclusive. From time to time RMEB may accept items with secret reserves prices. The seller and/or RMEB reserve the right to bid on behalf of the seller on items on which there may be a reserve. This is a Public Auction and as such, all qualified bidders may bid including employees of the seller, individual members of the corporation or LLC, heirs of the estate, RMEB owners, family members and employees.
8. If a check accepted by RMEB is returned for any reason, Bidder agrees that RMEB may re-present it in person or electronically and collect the amount of the check as well as the highest service charges and fees allowed under Colorado law. Any amount left unpaid shall accrue interest at the highest rate allowed under Colorado state law. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser shall pay all applicable taxes. Bidder agrees to indemnify RMEB against any claim if sales tax is not collected on Bidder's purchases. Bidder agrees to not stop payment on any check paid to RMEB. Bidder further agrees that under no circumstances will he/she initiate a chargeback on his/her credit card and that he/she is buying used merchandise in As-Is condition. Title to the merchandise transfers to Bidder only when Bidder's payment is honored.
9. All property shall be removed from the premises by the Bidder at her/his own risk and expense within the time period announced. ALL MERCHANDISE PURCHASED AT THIS AUCTION MUST BE REMOVED BY SUNDAY DECEMBER 1, 2013 AT 4:00 PM UNLESS IT IS BEING SHIPPED. ITEMS NOT REMOVED BY THIS TIME WILL HAVE A MINIMUM MOVING & STORAGE CHARGE OF $100 ADDED ON AND MAY BE FORFEITED WITH NO REFUND. Bidders must arrange to pick up their purchases within this time. A professional shipping company will ship your small, hand-carry items at your expense if you request that. Bidder hereby grants any shipper of RMEB's choosing the right to charge their credit card the entire amount of packing, shipping and handling costs. In the event that Bidder does not pay for shipping, Bidder shall have no claim against RMEB and will forfeit the merchandise with no refunds. All items will be insured for the purchase price. Items may not leave the shipping companies offices for up to 14 days. Our first priority is to deliver your new purchase in excellent condition. Bidder shall have no claim to merchandise not removed by the above date.
10. Bidder agrees that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Colorado and hereby grants sole jurisdiction and agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of a court of subject matter jurisdiction located in Weld County, Colorado. Bidder agrees and grants that service of process on them may be obtained by mailing a certified letter, containing a summons, postage prepaid, to them at the address they provided to register. Should a dispute arise between RMEB and Bidder, Bidder waives any right to a trial or hearing in a court of law and agrees to settle the dispute through binding arbitration in Weld County, Colorado with an arbitrator appointed by the President of the Colorado Auctioneers Association.
11. RMEB may refuse a buyer's number or registration to anyone, at any time for any reason. Bidder agrees to provide any identification RMEB may request including but not limited to: drivers license, photocopies of credit cards, Social Security card or US Passport. Bidder agrees to comply with any stated additional terms or conditions associated with particular items.
Sebae Data Solutions, Inc.
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Sebae Data Solutions, (the makers of Auction Flex & HiBid (formerly Bidopia) hereafter referred to as "Sebae"), provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms & Conditions ("TAC"), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. The most current version of the TAC can be found found at any time by visiting the link: http://www.auctionflex.com/showtandc.ap
USE AND REGISTRATION
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our service. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to the TAC.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Bidder Information") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sebae has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sebae has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICE
Sebae provides the following services under the Auction Flex & HiBid trademarks: Integrated Web Service (for auctioneers), internet bidding (absentee, online-only, & webcast). You can learn more about these services in the following sections.
HIBID INTERNET AUCTION PLATFORM & WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Sebae provides the HiBid (formerly Bidopia) Internet Auction Platform & Web Service ("HWS") under the HiBid trademark as a software solution for auctioneers wishing to extend the audience of their live auctions to the internet. The HWS provides various features including internet absentee bidding, internet-only auctions, and webcast auctions.
The HWS is able to changes its appearance to coincide with the website that it is powering. Accordingly, the HWS powers the www.hibid.com website as well as numerous Auction Flex customer websites. This ability to change appearance is a feature of the HWS. Much like internet merchant account providers can host a secure web page for a vendor to easily process payments, the HWS hosts certain portions of the auctioneer's website to easily enable advanced features such as internet bidding.
INTERNET ABSENTEE BIDDING
Internet absentee bidding allows you to place a bid for an item in advance of an auction. This allows you to place bids on lots without actually attending the auction.
Internet only bidding allows you to place a bid for an item prior to the auction lot closing online. In an internet-only auction there is no live auction.
Webcast auctions allow you to bid in real-time against other bidders or place pre-bids prior to a lot going "live".
Lots are sold in accordance with the Auctioneer's terms and conditions which are accessible from each lot's page. It is your responsibility to read and accept the Auctioneer's terms and conditions prior to placing your bid.
When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Auctioneer's & Sebae's terms and conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list does not constitute a complete list of bidder types but does highlight the common bidder channels).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Should your bid for a lot prove successful, the auctioneer may contact you to arrange for payment & shipping (if applicable). If the auctioneer required registration via a credit card, the auctioneer reserves the right to process your winning bids to the credit card provided during registration.
Sebae, through the Auction Flex & HiBid products & services, facilitates the internet bidding process between the Auctioneer & the bidder. Sebae is in no way a party to the transaction. Because Sebae is not a party to the transaction, you accept that you will have no claim or cause of action against Sebae in respect of the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot. If you have a dispute with an Auctioneer or another user of the Service with regard to the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot you agree that Sebae, its officers, agents, employees will not be liable for losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, special loss, indirect loss and consequential los), costs, damages, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses of any kind arising out of or connected with such dispute. You also accept that none of the aforementioned are under any obligation to take any action to resolve any dispute between you and an Auctioneer
Sebae is not responsible for any typographical, pictorial or technical errors in information about Lots on the Site as provided by Auctioneers. Sebae does not evaluate Lots and does not act as a specialist or expert on any related subject matter. Sebae makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to Lots (including but not limited to representations or warranties as to the accuracy of description, genuineness, quality, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or safety). If you have any questions, e-mail the Auctioneer directly. In particular, make sure that you understand the Auctioneer's payment terms and shipping terms.
The Service requires you to login with your username and password prior to placing a bid on a Lot. Making bids with false information or with stolen credit card information is prohibited and illegal.
Your user name and password are required in order to place internet bids. Making bids in a false name or with an invalid or stolen credit card is prohibited. Each bid carries the computer coding of the Internet provider which allows the individual user to be traced and Sebae may at its discretion release this information to enable legal action to be taken. Sebae may, in its entire discretion, refuse or remove bids where it suspects that bids contravene this prohibition. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement.
The amount bid can be increased but cannot be decreased. The auctioneer may, at their discretion, allow you to withdraw and resubmit a bid in the case of bids containing an obvious typographical error. You may forward a request to withdraw a bid and resubmit a correct bid by immediately sending an email to the auctioneer, however, there is no guarantee that any bid will be withdrawn. Although Sebae will use best efforts to forward all bids, Sebae does not accept any responsibility for lost bids or problems with the recipient auctioneer's ability to process your bid. Moreover, Sebae cannot guarantee that bids received will be processed by the individual auctioneers.
Please note that Sebae's role is limited to the provision of the Site for dissemination and publication of information provided by the Sellers.
THE WINNING BID
The winning bid in an auction will be the highest bid that exceeds any reserve (if a reserve exists). In the case of equal bids, the earliest bid received will be the winning bid. If a higher bid is subsequently withdrawn or removed then the auctioneer shall have the right to accept the next highest bid.
NOTICE OF END OF SALE, PAYMENT & SHIPPING
After the sale has ended, the auctioneer will notify the winning bidder via phone, fax or mail that they have won. If you do not receive notice that you have made the winning bid and think that you are the top bidder, you should check with the auctioneer directly. You will make all payment for Items to the auctioneer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
BUYER'S PREMIUM, TAXES AND DUTIES
If you are a successful bidder, you are responsible for paying any buyer's premium, taxes and duties (including any VAT, sales tax and import duties) that may be imposed on the final price paid for an Item. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the applicable taxes and duties that may be imposed on an Item prior to bidding for it.
All material and content as provided by the Service is protected by copyright and similar rights. You can not use or make available any of that material for any commercial purpose.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
a. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Sebae expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b. Sebae makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sebae or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly state in the TAC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Sebae shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Sebae has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of of the previous two sections titled 'Disclaimer of Warranties' and 'Limitation of Liability' may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sebae harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
The TAC constitute the entire agreement between you and Sebae and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Sebae. The TAC and the relationship between you and Sebae shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Sebae agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion, Florida. The failure of Sebae to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TAC shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TAC is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TAC remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TAC must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.